Maharashtra’s Chief Minister, Uddhav Thackrey, in his address to the state yesterday (13th April), announced a 15-day curfew all across the state, starting today 14th April from 08:00 pm till 1st May 07:00 am.
Section – 144 will be imposed from today 08:00 pm in the whole Maharashtra state.
The Chief Minister had already been giving the hints from the past couple of months that strict restrictions might get imposed, and now finally the decision has been taken.
“Break the Chain” – is the main motive of this curfew, which simply means, breaking the chain of Coronavirus spread.
Which activities are allowed during curfew?
– All essential services will remain functional from 07:00 am to 08:00 pm.
– Public transportation will be operational, with some restrictions.
– Home-Deliveries are allowed (in Non-Containment zones).
– Banks & Government offices will remain functions with minimum staff.
– Factories/workshops which are involved in manufacturing essential goods, medicines, and goods related to COVID-19 (like oxygen cylinders, Remdesiver, masks, PPE kits, vaccines, ventilators, etc.) will be operational.
– Delivery via E-Commerce sites/apps will be permitted for essential goods and services.
– Circulation & printing of newspapers, magazines are allowed.
– Weddings are allowed, with a maximum of 25 people only.
– At funerals, a maximum of 20 people can remain present.
– The movement of private vehicles from district to district or outside the state will be permitted if there is an emergency or if a few essential criteria are fulfilled.
Which activities are not allowed?
– Unnecessary travel is not permitted.
– Restaurants, cafes & bars will remain shut for dine-in, however, take-away and home delivery of food will be allowed.
– Gyms, cinema halls, clubs, and malls will remain closed.
– All educational institutes (schools, colleges, classes) will remain shut.
– All religious places of worship will remain closed.
– Salons, spas, public swimming pools will remain closed.
– Sports-related activities will not be allowed.
– No religious, political, or social gatherings will be permitted.
– Gardens, beaches, and open spaces to remain closed.
– Shooting of serials, films, and advertisements will not be allowed.
– Theme parks, water parks, community centers, and auditoriums will remain shut.
– Industries that use oxygen as a raw material in manufacturing goods will not be allowed.
– The decision on permitting domestic helpers and drivers in societies will be taken by local authorities and the secretary/chairman of the society/building.
Source: Times of India
We are all in this “Together”; for any assistance, query, or feedback please contact us on the details.
You may also, contribute and join us.
We are open 24*7, we are here to help you anywhere, anytime
Call or WhatsApp: 8766384299